How we select an interpreter
Our highly experienced Interpreting Services Department will ask all the right questions to understand your needs so that the most appropriate interpreter is assigned.
Put your trust in All Languages
Factors we consider during recruiting include:
- Languages spoken, countries resided in, and level of education received in each country
- Linguist degrees, certifications, testing and training
- Having passed a language test (CILISAT / ILSAT / etc.)
- Years of experience within specific areas of practice
- Context-specific training and terminology
- Performance history
- Certification status by any recognized body such as the IRB or Ministry of Attorney General or Language Interpreter Training Program (LITP) through the community colleges
Interpreters who work for us typically have:
- An undergraduate degree (not necessarily in languages or linguistics);
- Native or near native-level fluency in the foreign language as well as fluency in English;
- More than one year of specialized experience in interpreting, translating or other such experience requiring the use of English and the foreign language for which the interpretation/translation is being provided;
- Training and/or certification with a language proficiency test;
- Superior communication (oral and written) and customer service skills
Pre-arrange interpreting services
Face-to-Face, Over-the-Phone (OPI), and Video Remote (VRI)
Ideally, all orders are placed via:
Please create an account if you are new to the portal
For all other inquiries:
1-416-975-5297 or 1-888-975-4468
“Quick connect” telephone interpretation
Connect to an interpreter in < 30 seconds – Ideal for Quick Communications & Emergencies. 24/7, 365 day service.
1-866-895-7406 or 416-975-5394
Have your account number ready to provide
8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. EST.
After Hours: Utilize the Quick Connect service.