Integrated Translation Services help you communicate in multiple languages, faster, easier, and more cost-effectively
The designers who create source language graphic files are often not the best people to also produce multilingual versions.
- Natural look and feel to the content
- Faster turn-around time
- Lower production costs
- Simplified administration and production coordination
- Quality control
- Protects your brand by reducing errors
Our full-service translation and desktop publishing model includes the provision of print-ready files that are proofread by our translator prior to delivery.
Total project timelines and costs are much lower through this approach when compared to one where designers manually copy/paste translated content and send that file to a translator for proofreading.
In addition to reducing manual effort and handoff delays through streamlined workflows, our translator can help ensure that the look and feel of translated content resonates with the target audience by suggesting changes mid-process.
Experience is required to overcome challenges
Here are a just few examples of issues that typically arise:
- Increased document length of 15%-25% when translated;
- Languages such as Japanese and Korean use less vertical space than Latin characters;
- Languages such as Arabic and Hebrew are written right-to-left and require completely different page layouts; and,
- Replacing fonts and character sets to better suit the locale.
Desktop Publishing services (DTP)
- Creation of guidelines for target language DTP and multilingual typography;
- Extraction of source text for translation when editable source material is not readily available or no longer exists;
- Formatting and layout of translated elements to reflect the original while complying with target language standards;
- Supply of final files in same format as original source files, or generation of PostScript and/or PDF files for online and/or print publication; and,
- Production of templates for producing future online or print projects.
All Languages offers two standard levels of service when translating graphic file formats
Full-service model (Best seller)
In this full-service model scenario, we handle all aspects of the project and will make necessary changes at the DTP stage in order to match the source files as closely as possible. Our DTP professionals will work closely with our translator(s) to ensure a high quality end product before files are delivered to the client.
Shared production model
In this shared production model, we replace your source text with the translated text directly in the source file format, while preserving the basic formatting. However, final DTP work and PDF generation is to be performed by the client.
DTP services available in most applications, including:
- Adobe® Acrobat®
- Adobe® FrameMaker®
- Adobe® Illustrator®
- Adobe® InDesign®
- Adobe® Pagemaker®
- Adobe® Photoshop®
- Enfocus PitStop
- Macromedia Freehand
- Microsoft® Office
Simply send us source files when requesting translations. It’s that simple.
For more information about our DTP services, please contact our Translation Account Leads: TAL@AllLanguages.com, or call 647-826-1966.